Got Mold: 4 Health Problems You Face If You Don't Have The Fungus Removed

If you've discovered mold growing in your home, you may think that a quick cleaning will take care of the problem. Scrubbing the area may remove the mold that's visible on the surface. However, it won't do a thing to get rid of the spores that are hiding below the surface.

Unfortunately, mold spores don't simply go away once the surface is scrubbed. They actually continue growing and spreading. Within a short period, you'll see a fresh growth of mold on the surface. If you have mold growing in your home, you need to take the problem seriously. Mold can cause serious problems for you and your family. Here are just four of the health problems you face if you don't have the mold removed from your home right away. 


If you, or someone in your home, suffers from asthma, you need to take mold growth very seriously. Mold spores can get into the lungs, where they can make asthma symptoms much worse. Mold spores can also bring on asthma symptoms in young children. The best way to reduce the asthma symptoms is to take care of mold remediation as soon as possible. 


If you've noticed that your allergy symptoms have gotten worse lately or that they only flare up when you're at home, mold may be the cause of your discomfort. Mold spores are carried through the air. If you have mold in your home, those spores are in every breath you take. As you breathe, the spores gather in your nose and throat, making your allergies flare up. One way to reduce your allergy symptoms is to get rid of the mold in your home. 


If you have a mold problem in your home, you and your family may be at an increased risk for infections. This is especially true for infections involving your sinuses or respiratory tract. Mold increases your risk for infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus infections. If you have a weakened immune system or suffer from breathing-related disorders, these types of infections can be especially devastating. You can reduce your risk for infection by eliminating the mold threat.


Finally, if you have mold in your home, you could be breathing in mycotoxins. Not sure what mycotoxins are? They're toxins that can cause neurological problems such as light sensitivity, headaches, and memory loss. Removing the mold from your home will reduce your risk for these issues.

Fore more information, contact a local mold remediation service.