The Pros And Cons Of Invisalign
If you want straighter teeth, you should consider getting Invisalign. This is an updated method of helping you obtain a perfect smile by wearing aligners made with plastic trays. The smile you share with the world can increase or decrease your self-confidence levels. Knowing specific facts about Invisalign may motivate you to get this dental process started.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern alternative to metal braces and can significantly alter the appearance of your teeth when worn the recommended amount of time. There will be a mold taken of your teeth to create the plastic trays that are worn to improve the look of your teeth.
Pros of Invisalign
The biggest advantage of the Invisalign process is the end results will provide straighter teeth for the recipient.
Listed below are additional advantages of this dental process:
1. Invisalign is virtually invisible to others.
2. The aligners are comfortable for you to wear.
3. You can remove the aligners for easier brushing and eating.
4. Less possibility of decay because you can easily take out the aligners.
5. The amount of time the aligners need to be worn may be less than that of other treatment methods to reshape the teeth.
Cons of Invisalign
If you are like most people, you will find the pros of using Invisalign far outweigh the cons. There is simply nothing better than a beautiful smile and healthy teeth.
Listed below are some of the disadvantages of this process:
1. The cost of Invisalign is expensive. In the United States, the average cost of this process is $3,000-$5,000.
2. Invisalign must be worn for 22 hours a day for optimal results.
3. There may be some discomfort involved when getting used to the aligners.
4. The teeth must already be in good condition before getting Invisalign.
5. Office visits and frequent check-ups to the dentist or orthodontist can be too much of a hassle unless you are devoted to getting this procedure done.
Finally, Invisalign is an ideal way to get the perfect smile you want without being burdened down with metal braces. The benefits of a perfect smile far outweigh any disadvantages that may be involved when getting this procedure done. Be sure to consult with your dental professional to thoroughly go over the process of what is included when securing Invisalign for an improved smile.
If you want more help or are want to know more about your specific needs, try contacting a company like Oasis Orthodontics with any questions or concerns you might have.